Please note, admissions processing time takes two to three weeks from the time all records are received.
Criteria for Enrollment
As a college preparatory school, First Academy-Leesburg admits students primarily on the following criteria:
- Grades of C and above on most recent report card.
- No suspension or expulsions on discipline records from previous schools.
- Minimum FSA score of 3 or if the standardized test scale is 1-9, a minimum score of 5.
Dates to Remember
First Academy-Leesburg gives special consideration for qualified students currently enrolled at the First Academy Preschool, siblings of current First Academy-Leesburg students, and First Academy alumni who have students entering kindergarten when they apply during the early admission.
Early Admissions Dates:
January 13 – Re-enrollment
January 23 – FAP/Sibling/Alumni enrollment
Rolling Admissions Dates:
January 30 – Open enrollment begins until classes are full
1. Complete an Application
- The application must be completed in its entirety or it will slow down the application process.
- Required Documents to be uploaded in the application:
- To quickly scan your documents and attach multiple pages as a PDF format, you may want to download the free phone /smart device app Genius Scan or Tiny Scanner.
- Report cards for two full academic years
- Copy of current report card
- Transcripts (for 10th grade or higher)
- 2 years of Standardized Testing (FSA, Terra Nova, Iowa etc.)
- A discipline record (if there is no discipline on file, a letter from the school will be acceptable)
- IEP or 504 (if applicable)
- The above documents are required to move forward with the application process.
2. Pay Application Fee:
- Pay $375 non- refundable application fee*. The application fee can be brought to the school office in the form of a check or money order (cash is not accepted) or it can be paid online at https://faleesburg.com/makeapayment.
- *If we are not able to accommodate your child, $275 will be refunded from the application fee.
3. Admission Testing
- First Academy-Leesburg will contact you to set up a testing appointment.
Admissions Committee Review
4. Parent Meeting
5. Notification of Acceptance **
- An email will be sent with notification of acceptance. Once received you will have 10 business days to complete the following steps:
1. Pay registration fee:
Kind. through 5th grade $550.00
6th through 8th grade $600.00
9th through 12th grade $575.00
2. Bring in award letter(if they have a scholarship)
**Do not withdraw your student from their current school as they are not considered enrolled at First Academy-Leesburg until the last step is completed.
Nondiscriminatory policy as to students
First Academy Preschool and First Academy-Leesburg admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the organization. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies and scholarship programs. The IRS requires all private schools exempt from the federal income tax to file an annual notice of nondiscriminatory policy as to students.