Criteria for Enrollment
As a college preparatory school, First Academy-Leesburg admits students primarily on the following criteria:
- Grades of C and above on most recent report card.
- No suspension or expulsions on discipline records from previous schools.
- Minimum FSA score of 3 or if the standardized test scale is 1-9, a minimum score of 5.
Dates to Remember
First Academy-Leesburg gives special consideration for qualified students currently enrolled at the First Academy Preschool, siblings of current First Academy-Leesburg students, and First Academy alumni who have students entering kindergarten when they apply during the early admission.
Early Admissions Dates:
February 11th – Early Admission begins
March 6th – Early Admission deadline
Rolling Admissions Dates:
March 9th until classes are full
1. Complete an
- The application must be completed in its entirety or it will slow down the application process.
- Required Documents to be uploaded in the application:
- To quickly scan your documents and attach multiple pages as a PDF format, you may want to download the free phone /smart device app Genius Scan or Tiny Scanner.
- Report cards for two full academic years
- Copy of current report card
- Transcripts (for 10th grade or higher)
- 2 years of Standardized Testing (FSA, Terra Nova, Iowa etc.)
- A discipline record (if there is no discipline on file, a letter from the school will be acceptable)
- IEP or 504 (if applicable)
- The above documents are required to move forward with the application process.
2. Pay Application Fee:
- Pay $350 non- refundable application fee*. The application fee can be brought to the school office in the form of a check or money order (cash is not accepted) or it can be paid online at https://faleesburg.com/makeapayment.
- *If we are not able to accommodate your child, $250 will be refunded from the application fee.
3. Admission Testing
- First Academy-Leesburg will contact you to set up a testing appointment.
Admissions Committee Review
4. Parent Meeting
5. Notification of Acceptance **
- An email will be sent with notification of acceptance. Once received you will have 10 business days to complete the following steps:
1. Pay registration fee:
Kind. through 5th grade $525.00
6th through 8th grade $575.00
9th through 12th grade $550.00 (books are purchased separately)
2. Bring in award letter(if they have a scholarship)
**Do not withdraw your student from their current school as they are not considered enrolled at First Academy-Leesburg until the last step is completed.